I am pleased to be hosting My Legume Love Affair for April 2013. This is the popular legume-focused recipe event created by Susan of The Well-Seasoned Cook and now overseen by Lisa of Lisa’s Kitchen.
Any course and cuisine is welcome, as long as legumes are a main ingredient. They can be beans, lentils, dal, peas, and pulses. Peanuts are legumes, as are tamarind, carob, and fenugreek. Foods derived from legumes such as tofu and besan (chickpea flour) also qualify. Whatever your chosen legume, please make sure that it is the main ingredient. The exceptions would be fenugreek or tamarind, which are typically used in small quantities.
Entries should be vegetarian; please limit your entries to one for this month. If you have any older recipes you would like to enter, please update and repost them during this month to qualify. You can also send recipes entered here to other events, assuming they meet the other event’s rules of course. Use of the MLLA logo (above) is optional but appreciated.
Please mention My Legume Love Affair in your post. Link your post to this announcement, Lisa’s MLLA information page, and give a nod to Susan’s blog as well. Then email me at cdmcculloch7 [at] gmail [dot] com with MLLA 58 in the subject line and include:
- Your name.
- The name of your blog.
- Your recipe title.
- The URL of your blog post that includes the recipe.
- Your location. This is necessary for the prize drawing, but I will not be publishing locations in the roundup.
- A photo at least 400 px wide.
I will post the roundup during the first week of May.
And now for the prizes!
1. This silicone jelly, chocolate, and candy mold. This prize is offered by Susan at her expense, and she will also pay for shipping worldwide.
2. Hurst Bean Box – A case of six bags of the winner’s choice of Hurst Bean products, suitable for every diet, sponsored by Hurst Bean. (Due to shipping restrictions, this prize can only be awarded if the winner is a U.S. resident.)
I’ll draw a name randomly from your entries. If the winner is in the U.S., they’ll get both prizes. If they are outside the U.S., they’ll receive the candy mold and I’ll draw again from the U.S. residents only for the beans, which Lisa will ensure that the winner gets soon.
I look forward to seeing all of your recipes!